Thursday, January 26, 2012
A New Member to the Family!
We are sooooo excited to welcome Benson Earl Butterfield to the family! Bret and BreeAnn make the cutest parents. It has been fun to be here with them. I flew in a week ago with my sister Jenny. We wanted to spend some fun shopping days with BreeAnn before she had the baby. See some fun pictures at "Williams family" blog. On Tuesday Bret and BreeAnn left for the hospital at 5:30am. I stayed at their apartment and tried to be patient. Around lunch time I went to the hospital to give Bret a lunch break and see how BreeAnn was doing. She is quite the trooper. I made some friends in the waiting room as I waited for the birth of this precious guy. So far he is a perfect, contented handsome baby. We all can't seem to get enough of him. We will see if our story changes after a night at home with him tonight!
I don't have any way to upload my pictures so jump over to BreeAnn's blog to see some pictures of him. Both blogs can be accessed in the right column under family blogs.
I'm loving every minute of loving on this baby but miss my boys at home! Dallen has been home sick the last two days. No one should be sick without a mother to care for them. We've tried to skype to keep in touch and share the love.
There is one thing that I've thoroughly enjoyed while being in Mississippi and that is their southern hospitality. Everyone is so friendly. There is a "hey y'all" from everyone we walk by. I love the way most are respectful always calling us "mam". Today while stopping at Walgreen's to get some items before going into the hospital, two friendly ladies enlightened me on men's mid life crisis (just a topic that came up while I was standing waiting to be rung up at the register). As most southerners I've encountered they were great story tellers, funny and very friendly. I think I could really enjoy living here. It is beautiful and I love the people (especially their accents).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Mary Jo Congrats! You look so cute holding that baby over on BreeAnns blog. I am so happy for you all. Can't wait to see more pictures!
ReplyDeleteCongrats to all. I am so excited to have Benson in our family and I can't wait to hug him and squeeze him!
ReplyDelete