I hate, hate, hate, dreaming up what to eat, grocery shopping and cooking. I came across a web site and have watched this lady on channel 11 a couple of times and thought her ideas were good. I downloaded a printout of a two week or one month menu planner, with the idea that Mondays were all a certain kind of food such as Mexican or Italian and the same for the other days of the week. The idea of just having to come up with 4 Mexican recipes for a month seemed easier for me than one day at a time for a month (don't ask me why it is pretty much all the same!). We didn't follow her outline to the tee, because we just couldn't have a fish night, YUCK!!!! I wrote down all my ideas for a month worth of meals, and then when the day comes I choose one out of the month what I feel like cooking so we don't stick to the menu outline exactly once it was made either. Oh well, it was just dreaming up the ideas that were always so difficult. Now I have a months worth of ideas always in front of me. Grocery shopping is easier, we are eating better and I actually enjoy cooking a little bit more. (just a little)
thefoodnanny.org
go to the download section to get the printouts
No comments:
Post a Comment