Quote of the Week

So true...it is the choices we make in life that determine our life story.

"Search diligently, pray always, and be believing,
and all things shall work together for your good"
D&C 90:24

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mother's Day was a great day. I feel very blessed to have six really good kids! I also feel VERY blessed to have such good supportive family on both sides to support my kids. Family is a huge blessing! Mother's Day was made even more wonderful because Jacob was able to skype with us from Argentina! It was so good to see him. His companion had given him a hair cut which turned out being a lot shorter than Jacob expected. He looks good with a Buzz. He is doing great, working hard and enjoying the people there. I love and miss him so much. His choices, courage, faith and testimony continue to inspire me. After we skyped with Jacob we also skyped with BreeAnn. Love that girl and can't get enough of Mr Benson!
The rest of the day was spent eating a nummy dinner with my extended family that Jory prepared. When we couldn't stuff another morsel in our mouths we headed out to have a Bocce ball tournament. Congrats to Todd and Jill who were the winning team. Of course the nerf guns had to come out for a small cousin war and when they got bored with that they let the chickens out and chased them around the garden a bit.
While we ate dessert we also skyped with my brother Gary's family in North Dakota. They are so funny to visit with. Love them all! Thanks Devan for coming and spending the weekend with us. We always love your company. Cody we missed you, but thanks for the gifts!
On Saturday, we went to Trafalga to try out our "Passes of all Passes" with Chanda and Jaxson. We had a fun time miniature golfing (thought I took pictures, but guess I didn't) and playing laser tag. While we were playing laser tag with about 40 people,Jory shot at a young girl that was about six years old. She got mad at him and started hitting him. It kind of unnerved him a bit so when he got on the bumper water boats and got pinned in by another girl that was hammering him with water he tried to be nice for awhile but then when she didn't give up he began shooting her back. She had the better angle and just continued soaking him. He couldn't maneuver his boat away from hers so he was stuck. Chanda and I got a GOOD laugh on the side lines as this continued on for quite a long time. Needless to say he doesn't like little girls at Trafalga anymore. Devan wished his hat would have worked better. All the water hit him and rolled down right into his crotch soaking his pants. We should have brought towels!
The first weekend of May we went up to Logan to visit with Cody and Devan and see their new house they are renting. It is very nice and has a huge garden spot. We worked with them in laying it out for irrigation and planting a few plants. They also had bought another 6 chickens to raise. While we were there we went out to Firehouse to eat (YUMMMM) and then went up the canyon in Smithfield to do some shooting. Cody has been working on shooting a balloon while facing backwards and looking through a mirror. He is really good. Jory gave it a try and did it in two shots.

5 comments:

  1. Looks like a lot of fun. Oh how I miss being able to be around all the family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a super nice evening. The food was better than nummy! And the laughs were the best part! Thanks for having everyone over. And I love your pics of trafalga! I love how Jory's feet are hanging on the side of the bumper boats.
    HHMMM! And why didn't you and Chanda go in the boats? Did you loose your fun for a bit? :-) HAAH HAAH HAAH! TEASING! Really, next time I go, I'm bringing some ponchos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Mother's day sounds like it was perfect!

    We bought the passes but haven't used them yet. I am a little worried all of UT bought them and all of UT will be there when we go. I don't do well in crowds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The food was better than yummy, thanks! Great shots of the soccer player below this post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, and Jake looks great! He looks older though.

    ReplyDelete