Wednesday, May 2, 2012
Anybody Want Some Chickens?!
They make fabulous pets, and will provide you with 2-3 eggs per day. On the down side they do like to fly out of their coup and help you read your scriptures on the deck. If your attention is diverted they are also known to peck at your toes (ok, maybe we could make their cage a little taller). Also, when they see you open the curtains in the morning they start squawking until they are fed (hate this!!!). They do keep your soil aerated well by scratching around in it while out wandering. On mornings that they have flown the coup and Camron is slow returning them to it, they do make all the school kids happy when they are out front or playing at the park! They didn't ever go out front, but now that is their favorite place. The other morning I was running out the front door and about killed myself tripping over a chicken hanging out on the front step. I must admit I had mean thoughts as I ran to my appointment. I didn't have time to stop and put the chicken back in and wasn't sure if I would care if she was still around when I came back. I have now repented of my evil ways and spoke nice to her when I was on the deck reading and she came to visit with me, YEAH! (We really do try to keep them penned up but Henny Penny is really good at getting out).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment