
Last week we had the wonderful opportunity to take Jacob to the temple to receive his endowment. It was a wonderful spiritual evening. Jacob is hoping to attend a different temple each week before he leaves on his mission. I love the temple and it is always my favorite thing to be in the celestial room with family, especially my kids. I love President Monson's talk on the temple in the May conference issue that just came out. He says
"The world can be a challenging and difficult place in which to live. We are often surrounded by that which would drag us down. As you and I go to the holy houses of God, as we remember the covenants we make within, we will be more able to bear every trial and to overcome each temptation. In this sacred sanctuary we will find peace; we will be renewed and fortified." What wonderful promises! Read that quote again, with such promises we should be running to the temple as often as possible. I have felt each of these blessings fulfilled in my life as I have attended the temple. It keeps my priorities in perspective and does renew me and fortify me to meet the challenges I face. Most of all I like to sit and pour my heart out to my Heavenly Father in behalf of my children. I hope with all my heart that in some small way you can find some comfort or direction from my efforts in attending the temple. Love you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment