Quote of the Week

So true...it is the choices we make in life that determine our life story.

"Search diligently, pray always, and be believing,
and all things shall work together for your good"
D&C 90:24

Friday, June 29, 2012

Well Camron woke up really early the other morning with a lovely bloody nose. He wanted me to take a picture of him because he thought it looked like a perfect mustache. Let's hope with all this hot dry weather he won't continue to have them like some of my other kids!/>
We enjoyed a fun weekend up at our cabin last weekend. It was beautiful, but VERY dry. Camron is only shooting BB's but everyone is getting so worried about forest fires that maybe we won't even do that. We aren't allowed to have any outdoor fires, which is sad because there is nothing better than sitting around a good campfire. />
Camron's Farewell to his Chickens - The other night around 9pm I was sitting at the computer and decided to put the chickens on KSL.com to see if we could get rid of them. Camron and all of us had talked about getting rid of them for quite some time but hadn't had any luck yet. I thought I would just give it a try under free pets. After putting in the info it said that it would take 30 minutes to upload. Within 15 minutes we received our first caller. He wanted them and was on his way. I had to ask him to hold for a minute while I double checked with Camron that it was going to be ok, because I hadn't told him what I was doing, not thinking it would work. While he was coming and we could mark the chickens sold we received 2 more calls. I thought that was strange for chickens that late at night. Who sits watching for chickens to go on sale at 9pm??? Camron was happy to get rid of them until he saw how unkindly the new owner treated them. The guy grabbed their legs and tipped them upside down carrying all of them at one time to a cage in his truck. Camron said he might as well call them breakfast, lunch and dinner because they weren't going to be pets anymore, they were probably going to be eaten. Oh well - they were good pets while we had them and we enjoyed all of their eggs.

2 comments:

  1. GROSS I don't like the bloody nose picture. What pet are you getting next now that the chickens are gone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bloody nose thing is quite spectacular. I don't think you could have made it look like that on purpose. Sorry about the chickens, but it was a good experience for Cam. I am so excited for you to see your Benson!

    ReplyDelete