"We were having our second lesson with a lady named Stella and my companion asked her how she feels when we come and she said that life is crazy but when we come she feels peace. This really affected me. That is the classic answer for all the role plays we do, but this wasn´t a role play. This is for real. It just really hit me that I am really here and I am really changing lives not just practicing. I have almost been here a month now and I am still suprised when I see our reflection of two missionaries. Every time I realize that that is me, I´m a missionary. I have been waiting for this for nineteen years and now I am here."
I thought these remarks were so touching. Life comes up on us faster than we think. We are so proud of Jacob and the daily choices that he made to get him to this point where he can "change lives". I also have times when I look at my reflection and see an old lady with grown children. I worry that I have not been enough for them or done enough. Have I done what I need to do each day to have the "light of Christ" with me to bring peace and comfort to those who the Lord has put in my path? It truly is a daily decision to choose scripture study, praying and being happy to have that "light" with us. Big moments like this for Jacob, like impending parenthood for Bret and BreeAnn come all too quickly. Take a look in the mirror. Are you what you dreamed you would be at this point? You have wonderful adventures and family that await you. Are you ready? I think you are great!! Life is hard -- make good choices each day -- and then it gets much easier!

Well my goodness! shed a little tear! Jake is so awesome! I'm so glad he's wanted to be a missionary for so long and that his dream came true! :-) Love his thirst for the work! He looks great!
ReplyDelete