Quote of the Week

So true...it is the choices we make in life that determine our life story.

"Search diligently, pray always, and be believing,
and all things shall work together for your good"
D&C 90:24

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Humanitarian trip to Peru for Gary & Colton

I was so interested to hear how Gary & Colton’s humanitarian trip to Peru went, that I contacted him and asked him to share some thoughts and pictures. They were gone for 10 days and their main project was to build a bathroom in a village that had never had one (no outhouses or anything you just go in the bushes). They built it in the middle of the village by the school with the goal to teach a new generation how to use a bathroom. They loved sharing little things like bubbles and balloons with the kids. The children also loved riding on their first swing that was built for them. Here are Gary’s thoughts:
“We did go to Peru in Aug and had a great time. To write my thoughts down would be too much. It was life changing for me though in the fact that I now appreciate even more the little things that we have. Like toilets and toilet paper, and being able to trust your food and know that it is not going to make you sick when you eat it. I found out that most people are good wherever they live and want to do the right thing. I realized the difference a man and a women can make in a community when their hearts are filled with love and charity (love this thought!).
Call me sometime and I will talk with you about it. Call Colton too, and ask him.”
Thanks Gary for sharing! I hope I got all the info correct, if not leave a comment.

1 comment:

  1. Mary Jo, it's Krystal. (I saw your blog on Ang's) What an awesome experiance for them! Thanks for sharing it with us. I hope your family is well. Congrats to Bret too!

    Krystal

    ReplyDelete